Saturday, July 13, 2013

Choices By Sydney Lane

I was originally given an ARC of this book. Due to circumstances, I was unable to do an ARC review.  Now after reading Choices, I kick myself everyday that it took me so long to read it! So, here we go.






Choices By Sydney Lane
 
Synopsis:

Fate brought her here, but will her choices destroy her dreams?

Quincy Priest made all the right choices in her small town, black-and-white life. But being perfect is tiring. So. Very. Tiring.

Wanting desperately to step out of her sister's shadow, Quincy jumps at the opportunity to attend college with her best friend. The quiet bookworm with family secrets comes out of her shell. But when Quincy meets not one, but two perfect guys, she has to make a choice. In doing so, she might forfeit the relationship she secretly longed to find.

Declan. Sweet, handsome, and perfect. He makes her feel cherished for the first time in her life.

Brody. Sexy, hot, and irresistible. He could tear down her carefully built walls.

Before she can become the woman she wants to be, Quincy will make mistakes. And suffer one unimaginable loss.
 
 

By Kris Adams
 
 To begin, I wasn't too sure about this story at first. There is a girl and 2 guys, typical story of some lost girl, and 2 guys after her, right? WRONG!
 
Quincy is the quiet, shy girl who decides one night she is going to go out and have some fun with her best friend Jenna. For the first time, she is free to do whatever she wants, where no one can tell her what to do. Those times we ALL wait for.
 
From the beginning of this book to the very end, I felt as if I was actually IN the story. That's how well this book is written and characters are portrayed. It's a whirlwind of emotions, emotions that are in fact REAL in EVERYONE'S lives, from happiness to heartache in the matter of seconds. It keeps you wanting more and more and definitely keeps you on your toes. It's a book that once you start, you cannot stop, and those kinds of books, are actually hard for me to come across these days.
 
Normally, I HATE the girls in the books I read, but I loved Quincy and even Jenna. It's a real life feel because we all have different kinds of situations in our lives and we can usually count on that ONE person to go to. As a woman, I adored their friendship.
 
As for the guys. Team BRODY here. Dear lord, I'm not too sure who I would compare him to in real life, but the Brody I have created in my head is delicious and HOT. Declan, the "other" guy, he's great too, but a bit too sweet for my taste. He definitely makes for a great best guy friend.
 
For this being Sydney's first book, I think she has an amazing future ahead of her in the writing business. It's takes a very strong, brilliant and patient person to write any book, but this book, this book is different and special. I'm not going to say anything more.  You will have to go and read it for yourself.
 
I HIGHLY recommend this book, but be *warned*, you will not only laugh but you will, cry. And if you don't, there is something wrong with you.
 
 
You can find Choices on Amazon:
 
 
Goodreads:
 
 
 
You can follow Sydney Lane on Facebook:
 
 
About Author Sydney Lane:
 

 
Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and children. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an obscene amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. With her babies in bed and husband neglected, she worked by the light of her laptop and wrote Choices. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment